—Violin Concerto No. 1 in B flat major, K. 207: 1. Allegro moderato
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
Violin Concerto No. 1 in B flat major, K. 207: 1. Allegro moderato
Anne-Sophie Mutter, Violin
"And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it’s time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don’t we’ll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can’t make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you’re fed up ladies, but keep your head up”
- Tupac Shakur
A MORNING WITH THE COMPOSERS
- Bach: Guten (guten) Tag (tag)
- Beethoven: Gu-guten TAAAG! Gu-guten TAAAG!
- Brahms: *smashes wall with a piano* *waves hand* Guten Taaaag!
- Gershwin: Good morning, sunshine!
- Grieg: For God's sake, don't make me say that.
- Ivor Cutler: Good morning how are you SHUT UUUUUP.
- Mozart: Guten TaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAag!
- Mussorgsky: ...who set the moon of fire?
- Philip Glass: Good, good, good-good, good, morning good good morning.
- Rachmaninov: It is never a good morning.
- Schoenberg: Guten Tag (x12)
- Shostakovich: Dobroe (I hate Stalin) utro.
- Strauss: *waltzes into room* Guten Tag!
- Stravinsky: Good morning *kills off virgins* Ah, what a wonderful day
- Tchaikovsky: DOBROE *cannons* UTRO! *more cannons* <3
On this day in history, February 20th, in 1790, Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II died in Vienna. He was just 48 years old and had ruled for 25 years.
He had been married twice, but only his first marriage produced children, two short lived daughters. Thus he was succeeded by his younger brother, Leopold II.
Joseph was buried in the Imperial Crypt in Vienna, in tomb 42. He asked for his epitaph to read “Here lies Joseph II, who failed in all he undertook.”